SELECT DESIGN, LTD. PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: [12/10/2022]
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect or obtain through our brandhub platform and our website (https://www.selectdesign.com), the reasons why we collect or obtain this information, how we may use the information, with whom we may share this information, how we safeguard this information, and more. We will not collect, obtain, use, or disclose personal information except as described in this Notice, unless you consent.
We encourage you to read this Notice carefully so you can understand our policies and practices regarding personal information. Please also note that by choosing to access or use our services or website, you agree to those policies and practices. If you do not agree with them, you may choose not to access or use our website or services.
We may change this Notice periodically (see “Changes to this Notice,” below). You agree to any changes we make if you continue to access or use of our services or website after we make them, so please be sure to check this Notice periodically for any updates.
1. Personal Information We Collect or Obtain
We do not collect personal information from consumers as individuals acting on behalf of themselves personally or their households. As explained further below, the information we collect or obtain is limited to that provided by consumers acting as representatives or agents of businesses to which we provide or may provide our marketing and brand-related services – that is, our clients and prospective clients.
In providing services to our clients, we collect the following categories of information directly from them or their representatives:
- Identifiers and contact information, including (1) name of the client representative(s) and (2) the e-mail address(es), telephone number(s), and shipping address(es) the client would like us to use for the purpose of contacting and serving the client.
We also passively collect information (such as technical information about browsers, devices, etc.) from client representatives and representatives of prospective clients through automatic means whenever they visit our website, as described below under “Cookies and Other Tracking.”
We do not collect personal information in any categories or from any sources other than those described above.
2. Why We Collect, and How We Use, Personal Information
We collect or obtain the information described above for a variety of purposes:
- To communicate with our clients and prospective clients regarding our brand platform, services, and materials
- To operate, maintain, and complete the services we provide
- To deliver brand materials (displays, apparel, merchandise, etc.) to our clients at the places they direct
- To collect payments for our services and materials
- For the purposes described below under “Cookies and Other Tracking”
- For the purposes described below under “Disclosure of Personal Information”
3. Cookies and Other Tracking
When you visit or use our website, we collect information from you by automatic means, including cookies, pixel tags, or similar files. These are small text or electronic files (some of which may be placed on the website user’s device or browser) that allow us to recognize and remember things about users, count users who have visited our website, determine how they got here, track their activity in the website and gauge interests, gather technical information about their devices, browsers, IP addresses, etc., assess our website’s performance, and help protect our site against certain attacks. The cookies used on our website also may identify other devices you use to visit our website, which helps us to ensure that our site functions correctly for any device you may be using.
- Double Click
- Select Design
We use information from cookies for analytics, user experience improvements, and marketing purposes. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data which you choose to share with us, and are not used to store any personal information such as name, address or payment information. Cookies can be deleted or modified through your internet settings. If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser’s setting. You have a choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may be unable to fully utilize all of the website’s features and information.
In addition, for brandhub we use an Auth0 cookie for purposes of authenticating users of the platform.
Please also note that our website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals or similar requests from browsers.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
The information we collect and/or obtain (see “Personal Information We Collect or Obtain” above) may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties in the course of us serving our clients:
- Shipping carriers – We disclose identifiers and contact information to shipping carriers for the purpose of delivering brand materials to our clients.
- Payment processors – Clients provide payment information directly to Stripe for the purpose of processing credit card payments.
- Vendors – Clients may request that we coordinate directly with third-party vendors to provide services, and in doing so, we may share identifiers and contact information for the purpose of coordinating services with such vendors.
We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration under any circumstances.
We also may disclose information about you if necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to respond to any legal process or other lawful request for information we receive; to protect vital interests of you or another natural person; to detect, prevent, and investigate fraud, abuse, or other illegal activity; to defend our legal interests where necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others; or to otherwise protect our rights. We may transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets.
5. Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information collected from or obtained about our clients and their representatives for the duration of the client’s subscription contract, and for one year after that, or as necessary to satisfy our legal obligations.
6. Additional Notice for California Residents
This section provides additional disclosures about our collection and use of personal information as that term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”).
In the past twelve months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed in the “Personal Information We Collect or Obtain“ section above, and in that same period we have disclosed those categories of information to the categories of third parties listed in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section above.
We do not sell (as that term is defined in CCPA and CPRA), and have not sold, personal information of California residents, including minors under 16 years of age.
We do not collect, use, or disclose “sensitive personal information” (as that term is defined in CPRA).
We do not share (as that term is defined in CPRA) personal information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Finally, California’s “Shine The Light” law provides California residents the right under certain circumstances to request a disclosure regarding the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as that term defined in the law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes within the meaning of that law.
7. Notice Regarding Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly or intentionally request, collect, use, or share personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we discover or are notified that this has occurred, we will immediately delete the information from our servers and instruct any third parties with whom we have shared the information to do so as well.
8. Access, Correction, Deletion, and Other Rights Concerning Personal Information
In General: To learn what personal information we have about you, and to update, correct, or delete that information, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below. Please note that under certain circumstances we may not be able to honor requests to delete certain information.
Regardless of where you reside, we will consider all requests you make regarding your information and will respond within the time period required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests, such as if we need to keep the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. Your rights and our responses also may vary based on your state or country of residency. Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled.
We also reserve the right to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, email address, phone number, or other information.
If you would like further information on requests concerning your information, or if you would like to make such a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
California Residents: CCPA and CPRA provide you with the following rights, unless certain exceptions apply under these laws:
- To be notified, at the time of or before collection, of (1) the categories of personal information we collect; (2) the purposes for which we collect or use the information; (3) whether we sell the information or share it for cross-context behavioral advertising; and (4) how long we retain the information
- To request that we inform you – for the period covering the past 12 months – about (1) the categories of information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of sources of that information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting that information; (4) the categories of third parties to whom we disclose that information; and (5) in a readily useable format, the specific pieces of information we have collected about you
- To request that we inform you – for the period covering the past 12 months – about (1) the categories of information about you that we have sold, shared with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, or disclosed for a business purpose; and (2) the categories of third parties to whom we have sold, shared, or disclosed information about you
- To request that we delete certain information we have about you
- To request that we correct any inaccurate information we have about you
- To request that we provide you with information about financial incentives that we offer to you, if any, for the collection, use, or sharing of your information
- To not be discriminated or retaliated against, or have adverse action taken against you, for making requests about your information or exercising other rights concerning your information
- To opt out of the sale of information about you
- To opt out of the sharing of information about you with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising
- To limit the use of any sensitive personal information we have collected about you
Any of the above requests made to us must be verifiable before we have any obligation to fulfill them. A request must provide details sufficient to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we have collected the requested information and also to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request. Requests can be submitted as provided in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
CCPA and CPRA also allow you to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
Nevada Residents: Although we do not sell your information under any circumstances, Nevada law allows you to direct us not to sell your “covered information” (as defined under Nevada law) to any person who licenses or sells that information to additional persons, by contacting us at the designated email address provided in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
9. Protection of Your Information
We maintain reasonable safeguards in order to protect your personal information from accidental or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or loss. These safeguards include technological measures such as encryption, multi-factor authentication, and password protection; administrative measures such as employee training, periodic risk assessments, and auditing; and physical measures such as access restrictions.
10. Changes to this Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. Whenever we make any changes to this Notice, we will update the “Last Updated” date above and will notify users at log-in. We encourage you to check our Privacy Notice often to always be up-to-date on the current version and to review any updates we have made.
11. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, or if you would like to submit a request as provided for in this Privacy Notice, you can reach us here:
208 Flynn Ave.
Burlington, VT 05482